Benefits Question

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
yellowarc
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:36 pm
Location: All over the road.

Benefits Question

Post by yellowarc »

Howdy,

I am not too familiar with the ACPA forum but just had a question about the medical benefits - specifically orthotics. I think the allotment is one pair a year and if this is the case, does anyone know if the anniversary date is renewed every December or 12 months after the last purchase. Any information would be helpful.

Cheers.
---------- ADS -----------
 
tonysoprano
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:01 pm

Re: Benefits Question

Post by tonysoprano »

I believe it's Dec to Dec but to be sure check out the Aeronet site under benefits, pilots.
---------- ADS -----------
 
lowlevel
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:18 pm

Re: Benefits Question

Post by lowlevel »

Do pilots pay for any part of the premiums or does the company pic up the whole tab?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------
 
TyrellCorp
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Why Why Zed

Re: Benefits Question

Post by TyrellCorp »

Best thing to do is call Great West for all the conditions. They'll cover up to 3 pairs a year and you need to go to a certified podiatrist or chiropodist. I had absolutely no problems when I got mine. Great West was fantastic to deal with.
---------- ADS -----------
 
"Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch"
mighty mouse
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:43 am

Re: Benefits Question

Post by mighty mouse »

Are gym memberships covered under your benefits?
---------- ADS -----------
 
yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2807
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:18 am

Re: Benefits Question

Post by yycflyguy »

mighty mouse wrote:Are gym memberships covered under your benefits?
I called and talked to Manulife and gym memberships are not covered. :evil:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Lost in Saigon
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 852
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:35 pm

Re: Benefits Question

Post by Lost in Saigon »

Manulife is for your dental coverage. No wonder they wouldn't cover your gym membership. :lol:

Great West life is for your medical coverage , but I doubt they would cover a gym membership either.
---------- ADS -----------
 
yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2807
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:18 am

Re: Benefits Question

Post by yycflyguy »

haha. oops. I meant Great Life.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Air Canada”