Page 1 of 1

Perimeter

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:41 pm
by swords1
Can anyone advise on the quality of training at Perimeter for the Multi IFR rating?

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:28 pm
by flyinthebug
Professional & good equipment. Plus, the CFI is a great guy. Good place to renew or do your initial IMHO. Cheers

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:35 pm
by Crispy3M
Is Barry R. still there?

Crispy

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:14 am
by Disco Stu
Crispy3M wrote:Is Barry R. still there?

Crispy
Nope. Left last month to join the military.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:06 am
by KAG
Sword. I highly recommend Perimeter. The're equipment is top notch, and with winter here, it's nice to be able to train in IMC (there planes are deice equiped) and that experience is invaluable.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:21 am
by jimdandy
Perimeter is only half the company now that KAG has moved on. Sorry left the vacuum on- :lol: J/K u should be fine now that KAG is gone- oopps Just teasin ya buddy :lol: That company has a great rep. Any $$$$$ spent there is $$$$$ well spent. IMO.
Wave

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:32 am
by Flyin' Hi
From someone who is currently going to perimeter, i am quite impressed, very well maintained a/c and excellent instruction. I'd recommend it to anyone..... well at least anyone i liked!

.

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:28 pm
by maniac779
Perimeter is quite possibly the best flight training unit in the country, bottom line.

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:42 pm
by Dusty flaps
Just wondering if anyone has some current info on Perimeter...I see from their website they have a relatively new CFI. Also does anyone know the current hourly cost for their aircraft plus any fuel surcharges? Appreciate the info.

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:37 pm
by DBR
New CFI is a good guy. Former guy moved on, as so many instructors.
Rates are just below 300/hr. Not sure about a surcharge. The Peg is dealing with ATC restrictions in the summer, but I think that is a national problem. You can get your stuff done quickly. They have a bunch of new instructors there, most ex-Harv's. All good guys if you ask me. PAG pays their instructors really well nowaydays, and good benefits, so the guys are not there to milk you. You can always give them a call during office hours and inquire more info.

Goodluck

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:53 pm
by gaamin
Edit

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 am
by Matthew
gaamin wrote:Currently doing my training there.

Professionnals. Maintenance included. Their training Travelairs are the smallest aircraft of their fleet, and it seems them training to their standards is more a way of being sure not to run short on qualified pilots, than to make a big profit of it.
The general organisation of instruction is very methodic, efficient and seems to make you a good multi-IFR pilot. As said above, instructors don't seem to try and milk you.
Until now, rates are 275/hr. Will become 300/hr within weeks. Taxes included, no surcharge.

Overall, I'm very pleased so far, will post more once done with all the training.
Thanks gaamin!

That's what I thought too after talking to the CFI.

I plan to do my MIFR there within a month or two...or three, as soon as I get this stinkin INRAT written.

Keep me posted if you can, or PM me with advice on the whole operation. I'll need to get a room out there too.

Cheers, Matt.

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:40 pm
by Triple7
Is Perimeter hiring FO's on to the metros right now? website says requrmnts are 250hrs. Do they actually hire that low? anyone know? or do they start you on the ramp? pay as an FO there? training bonds?

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:33 pm
by gaamin
.

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:53 pm
by Triple7
ive sent in about 4 resumes to perimeter and heard nothing. anyone else hearing back?

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:45 pm
by Onthestep
Havent flown with Perimeter or anything myself howere if your interested in some more information there is a great article on them in the current issue of Aviator Magazine (Nov/Dec 2008)

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:14 pm
by Onthestep
Just wanted to appologize for my last postings, the article on Perimeter is actually in the current issue of "Wings" magazie not "Aviatior" as I had previously stated.

Re: Perimeter

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:56 pm
by TR
Triple7,

I know a couple people at Perimeter, PM me and I'll give you an email address.

I'll ensure it gets looked at.

TR