Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore
-
niss
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6745
- Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:54 pm
- Location: I'm a CPL trapped in a PPL's Body.
- Contact:
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Likewise you could send them an email if you think they are doing a decent job.
The only one I really have a problem with was the guy at the airport.
The only one I really have a problem with was the guy at the airport.
She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.
Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
I agree. Lets get rid of tasers and have the cops go back to choking people out, cracking their skulls with clubs, punching their lights out, and twisting them up like pretzels in order to get them under control. And if that isn't working, a 9mm in the chest probably will.
Cpl, are you going to post the jury's recommendations from the coroner's inquest in BC last week? The jury that recommended every cop should be equipped with a taser?
Cpl, are you going to post the jury's recommendations from the coroner's inquest in BC last week? The jury that recommended every cop should be equipped with a taser?
-
EastCoaster
- Rank 2

- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 am
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Okay... so enough already!!! I've been biting my tongue for days about this bullsh!t crap that people on here are spewing about the RCMP. Yes, they do make mistakes... but the only mistake I've seen in regards to the use of tazers was the airport one. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how the guy in the handcuffs needed to be tazered in order to get him under control. Why do people feel that they can resist arrest and continue to fight the cops after the handcuffs are on and NOT get tazered?? I mean, what kind of people are we talking about here. Having worked in security to pay my way through college, I can tell you that these RCMP that we speak of, as well as city police, have a horrible job to do in trying to deal with [b]blatant idiots [/b]usually under the influence of some substance of some type, and personally, I'd prefer they begin to use [b]more[/b] lethal force rather than non-lethal force. They show way to much restraint in some cases. Sure, you can find whatever statistic you're looking for, it's all in how you play the numbers, but check out the officer that was injured saving the life of a suicidal pregnant woman just a day or so ago... These guys do something great on a regular basis... and for anyone who feels they don't have the judgement skills to decide when/if/how much to use a tazer... if you don't want to stand behind them, feel free to accompany them out on a nightshift and stand in front of them! I'm tired of this land of the free to do whatever we please with no reprecussions crap. Act like an intelligent human being, and odds are, you won't get tazered!!!
Rant Complete.
Rant Complete.
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
That sums it up perfectly.Act like an intelligent human being, and odds are, you won't get tazered!!!
-
niss
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6745
- Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:54 pm
- Location: I'm a CPL trapped in a PPL's Body.
- Contact:
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
I would argue that a Jurys decision might be a little less prone to outside influence than a member of parliament.
She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.
Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Perhaps they should ask new hire RCMP applicants: if they can walk on water during the interview process for new hires ?
Can you turn water into wine ?
Can you heal the sick ?
Why the strange questions ? Because some people expect perfection from human beings ?
On a global scale of Policing the RCMP is as good as it gets .Not perfect but hey who is perfect in this world ?
Makes you wonder why anyone would want such a dangerous thankless job ?
Can you turn water into wine ?
Can you heal the sick ?
Why the strange questions ? Because some people expect perfection from human beings ?
On a global scale of Policing the RCMP is as good as it gets .Not perfect but hey who is perfect in this world ?
Makes you wonder why anyone would want such a dangerous thankless job ?
-
niss
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6745
- Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:54 pm
- Location: I'm a CPL trapped in a PPL's Body.
- Contact:
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
I am.2R wrote:Not perfect but hey who is perfect in this world ?
I haven't turned water into wine but I have turned Beer into Urine, and Urine back Into urine but that is another story for another time.
She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.
Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
I used to be perfect ,but now i get wet when i stand in the rain 
-
niss
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6745
- Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:54 pm
- Location: I'm a CPL trapped in a PPL's Body.
- Contact:
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Amnesty International and the United Nations should hardly be considered a credible and unbiased source.
She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.
Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Lets consider the audience whomever you are trying to quote. Someone who was "innocently" attacked is going to cry wolf. Someone who realizes that it's not a lethal weapon, suck up the 3-5 seconds of spasm, and learn from it.
I've had the pleasure of dealing with drunk and high idiots, and it's probably a really good reason I'm not a constable right now. (Hence the moniker Nark)
I've had the pleasure of dealing with drunk and high idiots, and it's probably a really good reason I'm not a constable right now. (Hence the moniker Nark)
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
If we held A.I . and the UN to the unpracticable high standards that you would have the RCMP try to achieve .The world would truly be a wonderful place .Unfortunatly no such place exists .We live in a world run by ass covering monkies who observed without effective action to prevent or mitigate the effects of the Humanitarian disasters in the world .Although they have provided a forum that has prevented war on a scale like WW1 and WW2.
Just for shitzngiggles why do we not start a thread on the new improved KGB and go off to the local sushi restaraunt .How many off us would survive that meal ???
Yeah so some idiot picks a fight with a cop and then complains about getting hurt so what ???We should fire the police for defending themselves ???Get real these guys are not perfect but they are the best we are willing to pay for .If we wanted perfection we could send them for training three months a year .But would you be willing to pay for that ???
Just for shitzngiggles why do we not start a thread on the new improved KGB and go off to the local sushi restaraunt .How many off us would survive that meal ???
Yeah so some idiot picks a fight with a cop and then complains about getting hurt so what ???We should fire the police for defending themselves ???Get real these guys are not perfect but they are the best we are willing to pay for .If we wanted perfection we could send them for training three months a year .But would you be willing to pay for that ???
-
North Shore
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 5627
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:47 pm
- Location: Straight outta Dundarave...
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
You've got to be kidding, right? The TASER was sold as an alternative to lethal force - ie, instead of shooting a person, you'd TASER them. Are you suggesting that it's ok for the coppers to shoot an already handcuffed person? Dude, give your head a shake.I'm sick and tired of hearing about how the guy in the handcuffs needed to be tazered in order to get him under control. Why do people feel that they can resist arrest and continue to fight the cops after the handcuffs are on and NOT get tazered??
As CPL says, the role of the TASER is beginning to creep, and it's starting to get used as a cattle prod or compliance device. Copper doesn't like what you say - Bzzzt - smarten up! Don't produce your driver's licence? Bzzzt - faster! Question any direction from the Police (legal or illegal) bzzzt - get to it! These devices have the potential to be lethal, so a little more judgement as to when they are used would be nice.
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
The one with no credibility is you cpl. I've been tasered, have you? You consistently take the side of the law breakers - those weilding knives, resisting arrest, smashing and throwing things about, intoxicted, etc, etc. Perhaps some unruly idiot resisting arrest is a credible person to assess the taser in your eyes, but not mine. Funny thing, you don't tend to find too many people like that who think the cops should do anything to interfere with them doing whatever the hell they like.
Has taser use "creeped." You bet it has, because the cops have seen how well it works in keeping themselves and others from harm. Those who work in law enforcement are not paid to take unreasonable risks with their own safety. They have spouses and kids to go home to at the end of their shifts, just like everyone else with a job, and they expect to go home without stab or slash wounds, teeth knocked out, black eyes, hep C, or various other injuries incurred while trying get physical control of someone being arrested. The taser makes the process of getting a resistant or armed person under control a whole lot safer. If lowering the risks for police and the law abiding public results in increased discomfort or risk of harm to a perpetrator, so be it.
Do you have any stories of innocent people lawfully minding there own business when the cops jumped out and tasered them? Probably not. The constant theme in all of these cases is person breaks law, confronts or resists police, gets tasered. The so called victims have at least two opportunities to avoid getting tasered. First, don't break the law. Second, when caught breaking the law, don't resist.
In a nutshell we are never going to agree. You think the police should assume the risk of harm associated with the law breakers actions, and I think the law breaker should.
Now, if you have some examples of police using force of any type without provocation, you will find me strongly advocating to have the book thrown at them.
Has taser use "creeped." You bet it has, because the cops have seen how well it works in keeping themselves and others from harm. Those who work in law enforcement are not paid to take unreasonable risks with their own safety. They have spouses and kids to go home to at the end of their shifts, just like everyone else with a job, and they expect to go home without stab or slash wounds, teeth knocked out, black eyes, hep C, or various other injuries incurred while trying get physical control of someone being arrested. The taser makes the process of getting a resistant or armed person under control a whole lot safer. If lowering the risks for police and the law abiding public results in increased discomfort or risk of harm to a perpetrator, so be it.
Do you have any stories of innocent people lawfully minding there own business when the cops jumped out and tasered them? Probably not. The constant theme in all of these cases is person breaks law, confronts or resists police, gets tasered. The so called victims have at least two opportunities to avoid getting tasered. First, don't break the law. Second, when caught breaking the law, don't resist.
In a nutshell we are never going to agree. You think the police should assume the risk of harm associated with the law breakers actions, and I think the law breaker should.
Now, if you have some examples of police using force of any type without provocation, you will find me strongly advocating to have the book thrown at them.
-
albertdesalvo
- Rank 8

- Posts: 811
- Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:38 pm
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Oh, so they've stopped doing these things, have they?Wilbur wrote:have the cops go back to choking people out, cracking their skulls with clubs, punching their lights out, and twisting them up like pretzels in order to get them under control.
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Wilbur you have really peaked my curiosity when you say you have been tasered willingly.
Why would anyone volunteer to be tasered?
Why would anyone volunteer to be tasered?
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
O.K. I'm curious about this.
If one of my friends from the RCMP are visiting me and I asked him/her to taser me so I could come here on Avcanada and tell everyone it was no big deal what are the chances he/she would?
I would like to know how Wilbur got someone to taser him just for the experience.
If one of my friends from the RCMP are visiting me and I asked him/her to taser me so I could come here on Avcanada and tell everyone it was no big deal what are the chances he/she would?
I would like to know how Wilbur got someone to taser him just for the experience.
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
-
albertdesalvo
- Rank 8

- Posts: 811
- Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:38 pm
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Shhhh! You'll blow his cover.Cat Driver wrote:I would like to know how Wilbur got someone to taser him just for the experience.
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Hey anyone can make their own taser from a disposable camera. Google "home made taser" and you will find short videos on how to mod a disposable. It is easy. Maybe soon it wont necessarily be the Police you are scared of. Fox news:"Kids with deadly cameras!!!!"
-
EastCoaster
- Rank 2

- Posts: 72
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:39 am
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Okay... So here I write again... I agree with the "creeping" of Taser use... 110% support it! Yes, you get the odd instance such as the horrible case at the airport, but the unfortunate part is that nobody is perfect. They screwed up. CPL, if you can ever have a complete week at work... just a week, where your performance is perfect, I'd be amazed. Some screw ups are big and some a small, that one was big.
Unfortunately, I feel that police should never be confronted aggresively, no matter what the circumstance. When I worked in the security field, you'd be amazed at how many "ten feet tall and bulletproof" people I came across. The police don't get paid to be bruised up by some drunken fool, kicking and punching. They shouldn't have to try to tackle the guy. They don't get paid enough to risk it. Warn the person verbally, if that fails, use the Taser. I think that people have gotten a wee bit out of control these days. Police officers should be able to pull up to a scene without any doubt of their own safety. They don't get paid enough to square off with every fool out there that doesn't want to go to jail. I am so tired of hearing about this bullsh!t in the news.
The one advantage is that Global/CP/CBC and the rest of those that use the shock and awe type of media are finally leaving aviation alone.
For all those out there that disagree, do so respectfully, I don't call you an idiot when you post absolute horse sh!t on here, so don't message me saying anything of the sorts. Post an intelligent reply on the public forum, we're all entitled to our own beliefs and this is mine.
Unfortunately, I feel that police should never be confronted aggresively, no matter what the circumstance. When I worked in the security field, you'd be amazed at how many "ten feet tall and bulletproof" people I came across. The police don't get paid to be bruised up by some drunken fool, kicking and punching. They shouldn't have to try to tackle the guy. They don't get paid enough to risk it. Warn the person verbally, if that fails, use the Taser. I think that people have gotten a wee bit out of control these days. Police officers should be able to pull up to a scene without any doubt of their own safety. They don't get paid enough to square off with every fool out there that doesn't want to go to jail. I am so tired of hearing about this bullsh!t in the news.
The one advantage is that Global/CP/CBC and the rest of those that use the shock and awe type of media are finally leaving aviation alone.
For all those out there that disagree, do so respectfully, I don't call you an idiot when you post absolute horse sh!t on here, so don't message me saying anything of the sorts. Post an intelligent reply on the public forum, we're all entitled to our own beliefs and this is mine.
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
I've been tasered in training. The agency I work for has them, and I volunteered to be on the recievinig end as part of the training (also have for OC, CS, and stun grenades). I didn't say they were painless. The effect is short lived, albeit intense, and that is why it's no big deal. It doesn't require you to be superman to suck up 5 or 10 seconds of pain and discomfort; just change into your big girl panties first.
As for Dosanj and his comments, nothing more than another politician trying to score points. His government, who I worked for, did approve the taser for use in BC. Its placement on the force options wheel (continuum) was crystal clear and if "usage creep" has occurred that he never intended to allow, then he's stupid for allowing his SG to sign off on a policy that was poorly written and didn't reflect his intent. Law enforcement agencies don't make their own rules, the SG's ministry does in BC. If he only wanted tasers used as a last resort to lethal force, then his policy should have said that.
As for Dosanj and his comments, nothing more than another politician trying to score points. His government, who I worked for, did approve the taser for use in BC. Its placement on the force options wheel (continuum) was crystal clear and if "usage creep" has occurred that he never intended to allow, then he's stupid for allowing his SG to sign off on a policy that was poorly written and didn't reflect his intent. Law enforcement agencies don't make their own rules, the SG's ministry does in BC. If he only wanted tasers used as a last resort to lethal force, then his policy should have said that.
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillian_Guess
Seems that you cannot romance the accused,
But if you are the Attorney General you can have diner with the accused and still keep your job before you become the unelected Premier of B.C.
Seems we are scared of holding everyone to the same high standards .For fear of what ???I used to think it was being accused of being called the R word ,Perhaps having the same name as the Gangsters involved in a drug war has some advantage
Seems that you cannot romance the accused,
But if you are the Attorney General you can have diner with the accused and still keep your job before you become the unelected Premier of B.C.
Seems we are scared of holding everyone to the same high standards .For fear of what ???I used to think it was being accused of being called the R word ,Perhaps having the same name as the Gangsters involved in a drug war has some advantage
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
free speech




That'll buff right out 


-
BoostedNihilist
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
Hmm, personally, I like to control which hands I playAct like an intelligent human being, and odds are, you won't get tazered!!!
Re: Usage Creep.. Wilbur, It is clear that you are either a muni, or a member. I can't think of too many agencies in Canada that have access to illegal tasers and stun grenades so it is clear that you have an inherent bias.
Let's just look at it this way.. it would have been fine had some of your buddies not screwed the pooch in Vancouver. Ever heard the saying one bad apple yada yada?
Coming from a set that would allow cardboard alter-egos to do the meat and potatoes work, this conundrum does not surprise me in the least.
If you are an RCMP officer and you have been tasered I would have to say that your data is skewed. You are probably in decent health and physical shape and are not representative of those you would taser. Not to mention you were not afflicted with 'excited delerium' at the time due to the lack of external stressors. So your baseline is all screwed up, I put more stock in anecdotal reports of those who have been tasered 'in it's element' so to speak.
Anyways keep carrying that flag Wilbur. I personally think that the use of tasers as a compliance device goes against the spirit of the charter, and the fact that you as either a RCMP officer or a proxy advocating its creeping use is sad and pathetic.
-
ottawa,kan
- Rank 6

- Posts: 427
- Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:14 pm
- Location: Kansas
Re: Send an email to this Commons Committee!!
You all are surely familiar with these idiot radio hosts and there stupid bravado??? My favorite local station has a guy named "Tard" who they always put up to doing stupid things, like standing on a street corner naked until he gets arrested. Stuff like that. Anyway one day they decided to Taser the dude, then use mace on his face, and then try pepper spray. All in the interests of journalism you know. And being as this is manly America, and not little girl, oh never mind. Anyway you can buy all that stuff here. So the test goes down, and "Tard" swears that Pepper spray is the worst, by far. The tazer they actually did three times, and while it put him RIGHT on the ground, he said it wasn't too bad. Pepper spray had him screaming till they cut to a commercial.

