Friggin' New License Format Question.
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
-
No Conflict
- Rank 7

- Posts: 610
- Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:48 am
- Location: All over the friggin' place....
Friggin' New License Format Question.
Ok, finally getting around to this Transport Canada Make Work project of the new license formats... Got the application, got the picture, got the signature to prove I am the same person who has been flying with this license for YEARS.
QUESTION: BEfore I send this off and they send it back to me saying you forgot to include this and that, which we neglected to tell you you needed BEFORE we gave you the application, Is there ANYTHING else I need to include (I.E. Money, Photocopies of Medical, radio license, anything??)
Thanks
NC
QUESTION: BEfore I send this off and they send it back to me saying you forgot to include this and that, which we neglected to tell you you needed BEFORE we gave you the application, Is there ANYTHING else I need to include (I.E. Money, Photocopies of Medical, radio license, anything??)
Thanks
NC
-
matt foley
- Rank 3

- Posts: 119
- Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:42 pm
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Make sure your friend writes "I certify this to be a true blah blah blah" in their own hand writting even if it is already stamped on the back, stupid yes, but required.
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
I sent the completed form, with photo. That was all. Received the new license within 2 weeks.
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
I cost me a few beers, but in the end, my buddy wrote on the back of my photo...I certify this to be a true image of Doc....

Which was not easy, as THIS is what I really look like...


Which was not easy, as THIS is what I really look like...

Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
EMO COW!!!Doc wrote: Which was not easy, as THIS is what I really look like...
-
North Shore
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 5627
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:47 pm
- Location: Straight outta Dundarave...
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Sure that's the right end? 
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
hey guys,
what size format picture do I have to send?
thanks
what size format picture do I have to send?
thanks
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
It has to be passport quality and size.
- Shiny Side Up
- Top Poster

- Posts: 5335
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:02 pm
- Location: Group W bench
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
This licence is just another addition to my long list of grievances I have with TC.
Nothing has been sent out about the new licence format - even though the old ones will be invalidated in March '09 if you haven't gotten a new one. This is only from hunting down the information on their website. The TC representatives I've talked to had no idea that was the case. As of yet I've had no notification on how these licences might be modified for new ratings as part of my authorized person qualifications.
Just like the gongshow that they put on with the language proficiency, I'll get my letter notifying me in about April 2010...
Nothing has been sent out about the new licence format - even though the old ones will be invalidated in March '09 if you haven't gotten a new one. This is only from hunting down the information on their website. The TC representatives I've talked to had no idea that was the case. As of yet I've had no notification on how these licences might be modified for new ratings as part of my authorized person qualifications.
Just like the gongshow that they put on with the language proficiency, I'll get my letter notifying me in about April 2010...
We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Didn't really think we needed this? Merry Christmas..
Doc

Doc
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Can it be B&W? or color only?AUGER9 wrote:It has to be passport quality and size.
Rather than complain on an internet forum, why dont we all write letters to complain of this silly new format for our license?
Rule books are paper - they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
— Ernest K. Gann, 'Fate is the Hunter.
— Ernest K. Gann, 'Fate is the Hunter.
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Read above. Passport photos can be colour or B&W. When you get it done, just ask for a passport photo, and the photographer will take care of everything. It'd not difficult.Strega wrote:Can it be B&W? or color only?AUGER9 wrote:It has to be passport quality and size.
Im curious, if someone were to email TC and ask when they're mailing out the application forms and information, what they would say.
Last edited by AUGER9 on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
human garbage
- Rank 4

- Posts: 212
- Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:58 am
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Check this link:Shiny Side Up wrote: ...As of yet I've had no notification on how these licences might be modified for new ratings as part of my authorized person qualifications....
http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/gener ... t/menu.htm
Under 'temporary priviledges' there is a complete explaination. It is basically the same as before (write in), then TC will send you a sticker to place over it...
Can't argue with you about what a waste of time and money this format is though. Yet another stupid idea from TC. Freaking passport format is retarded. Why couldn't they just go the way the FAA did?
"...flying airplanes is really not all that difficult so it attracts some of the most mentally challenged people in society." - . .
"Baby, stick out your can... 'cause I'm the garbageman"
"Baby, stick out your can... 'cause I'm the garbageman"
- Shiny Side Up
- Top Poster

- Posts: 5335
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:02 pm
- Location: Group W bench
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Oh, I've found that out already. My big question is if the freaking provincial Transportation ministries can smoothly make us shiny new licences and change the licence formats, why is the federal system for doing so so unwieldly?Under 'temporary priviledges' there is a complete explaination. It is basically the same as before (write in), then TC will send you a sticker to place over it...
We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
When does this cretin driven type of aggravation that TC calls client service get to the point everyone just says screw them and no one complies with their changes.Can't argue with you about what a waste of time and money this format is though. Yet another stupid idea from TC. Freaking passport format is retarded.
They don't have the manpower to regulate the important issues in aviation so they sure don't have the manpower to police noncompliance with this sort of thing.
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
- kevinsky18
- Rank 5

- Posts: 360
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:01 am
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Cat Driver wrote:When does this cretin driven type of aggravation that TC calls client service get to the point everyone just says screw them and no one complies with their changes.Can't argue with you about what a waste of time and money this format is though. Yet another stupid idea from TC. Freaking passport format is retarded.
They don't have the manpower to regulate the important issues in aviation so they sure don't have the manpower to police noncompliance with this sort of thing.
TC doesn't have to regulate everyone. They are dictators and like any dictator they just have to make a disturbing and graphic over the top example of one or two people and everyone else will fall in line.
-
mattedfred
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1502
- Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:36 am
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
i mailed my application in late october and renewed my IFR late november and i just received an old style license in the mail today
maybe next time
maybe next time
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Yea, my friend received her new license. Since then she upgraded to a class 3 and they sent it on the "old" style license. Geniuses.mattedfred wrote:i mailed my application in late october and renewed my IFR late november and i just received an old style license in the mail today
maybe next time
-
sky's the limit
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 4614
- Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:38 am
- Location: Now where's the starter button on this thing???
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
I think I'm going to wait this one out for a while yet...
stl
stl
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
i mailed my application in october and have nothing to show for itmattedfred wrote:i mailed my application in late october and renewed my IFR late november and i just received an old style license in the mail today
maybe next time
- rum-runner
- Rank 3

- Posts: 122
- Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:55 pm
- Location: Pacific Ocean and south
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
i mailed my application in october and have nothing to show for it[/quote]
What region?? I know some that have had good return times on the wet coast.
What region?? I know some that have had good return times on the wet coast.
-
Hornblower
- Rank 7

- Posts: 686
- Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:58 am
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
So my question is: How does my current licence expire? There is no expiry date on it. I do not keep my instrument rating up anymore. So, ... the only way I can see that it could no longer be valid, is if it is suspended or cancelled. Are they going to send us all a notice of cancellation, ... and if so, on what grounds? I haven't seen any new regulations requiring the new format.
So really my question is, what happens if I don't apply for a new one?
So really my question is, what happens if I don't apply for a new one?
Re: Friggin' New License Format Question.
Here's where you can ask those questions to the folks who might know:
Civil Aviation Issues Reporting System (CAIRS)
Civil Aviation Issues Reporting System (CAIRS)



