Norman Wells
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Norman Wells
I'm going to be based in Norman Wells for a couple of months. Any info on the town or advice on what to bring, other than my Snow Goose?
A spare liver.
I was there in the late eighties/early nineties (have to look at my log) and apart from giving strippers tours of the a/c, I would recommend getting lots of magazine subscriptions and learn to play poker.
If you're still there in the summer, take a roll of bug screen with you, maybe one of those cutesy Ikea bed/bug screens.
I was there in the late eighties/early nineties (have to look at my log) and apart from giving strippers tours of the a/c, I would recommend getting lots of magazine subscriptions and learn to play poker.
If you're still there in the summer, take a roll of bug screen with you, maybe one of those cutesy Ikea bed/bug screens.
"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
There's worse places than Norman Smells for sure, however its no paradise. Bring a fishing rod, and a laptop. There are 3 bars, at least 3 restaurants and a gym. You could do alot worse. Dont get me wrong its an absolute dump by city boy standards but its better than Colville Lake. You wont need your Goose there in the summer as it gets freaking HOT. I saw +30 when I was there, but it stays around 20 for a few months. The local pilots are a good bunch of guys although they'll be super busy under the cracked wip of the Wright's.
Best of luck.
Best of luck.
-
bottom_feeder
- Rank 1

- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:14 pm



