Thunder Ad

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5166
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: On Borrowed Wings

Thunder Ad

Post by Rowdy »

good on em for actually posting wages and having a proper pay structure.. even if it isnt the millions everyone expects to be making.

It should almost be mandatory for posting an ad on avcan in my opinion, but it seems nobody wants to advertise their ridiculously low wages... so good on thunder for puttin it out there
---------- ADS -----------
 
B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 763
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:59 am

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by B-rad »

Amen to that
---------- ADS -----------
 
My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
Sneeker
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: I come from the Land of the Ice and Snow from the Midnight sun where the hot springs blow

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by Sneeker »

Sounds pretty good to me. Just wondering how many guys with 2000 hrs and 1000 be10 applyed...... :(
---------- ADS -----------
 
scopiton
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 809
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:06 am

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by scopiton »

how many miles a year does an f/o do, average ? just curious
---------- ADS -----------
 
WetJet
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 3:23 pm
Location: Terminal 4

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by WetJet »

When I was there I was doing about 7500 every two weeks, but it did vary from 5000-10000 depending on how busy things were. Thunder is one of the best 703 companies you could hope to work for.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:42 pm

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by Lurch »

It's a nice change somebody who puts it all out there so you know what your in for before you even apply.
Unfortunately, Thunder does not operate any Boeing products so we do need a training agreement
:lol: I Love this line

I do disagree with the 24 months, your training only last 12 months. But like I said before, their company their requirements, and if it's a good company you should have no problem fulfilling your obligations.

Lurch
---------- ADS -----------
 
Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
User avatar
Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 2438
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:01 pm

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by Sulako »

If you can handle the pager, there are a lot worse places to work. I did 18 months there and the flying was great, the MU-2 was pretty cool, and the coworkers were awesome. The pager, not so much.
---------- ADS -----------
 
DBC
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by DBC »

The King Air crews are rarely paged out at odd hours as the MU2s are the dedicated medivac machines now. I'm not saying it can't happen, but you can count the times on one hand per year.

I would guess 120k-180k miles a year spread depending on the pilot.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: between 60 and 70

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Lurch wrote:It's a nice change somebody who puts it all out there so you know what your in for before you even apply.
Unfortunately, Thunder does not operate any Boeing products so we do need a training agreement
:lol: I Love this line

I do disagree with the 24 months, your training only last 12 months. But like I said before, their company their requirements, and if it's a good company you should have no problem fulfilling your obligations.

Lurch
I dont know about Thunder, but some companies have the option for 2 year PPC's.
---------- ADS -----------
 
The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
bobm
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:27 am

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by bobm »

I would like to thank everyone (100+) who took the time to apply. Please be advised that these positions have been filled.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
BusDriver
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:24 pm
Location: The Smoke

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by BusDriver »

Bobm, thanks for always taking the time to keep candidates in the loop! Many years ago you took the time to answer my phone call and answer my questions. In the end end I didn't take the job at Thunder but I am always appreciative that you took the time and really seemed genuine.

Take care.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Pierre Maguire should have his larnyx ripped out! IDIOT!
User avatar
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4882
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:52 am

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by Bede »

Thunder was great to work for. I'd go back in a heart beat if I could have travel passes. Maintenance is second to none. (Except the paints and interior suck, but that's not up to the maintenance dept.)
---------- ADS -----------
 
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5166
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: On Borrowed Wings

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by Rowdy »

Holy sweet mother of pearl... A thread about a company that didnt end in negativity and bashing! AWESOME

You guys rock. Apparently thunder does too.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by Doc »

Rowdy wrote:Holy sweet mother of pearl... A thread about a company that didnt end in negativity and bashing! AWESOME

You guys rock. Apparently thunder does too.
That's because bobm is a class guy. Don't let it go to your head, Bob!
---------- ADS -----------
 
flyinhigh
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:42 pm
Location: my couch

Re: Thunder Ad

Post by flyinhigh »

Thunder was by far my best job that I've had, I loved it there.

The 24 months goes by in a breeze due to the way you are treated and quite frankly paid. Co-workers when I was there was awesome, even the 3 am call outs where actually enjoyable because you went to work and knew that a bad day would be a good day due to who you were with.

I all hell broke loose here at Jazz, thunder is on the top of my list for places to knock at.

Cheers,
MikeF
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Employment Forum”