TC AME M Tests

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

jca
Rank 1
Rank 1

TC AME M Tests

Post by jca »

Hi there,
I need know if somebody has a copy about Canadian Power Plant tests (AME) that con help to me to pass TC exam.
If somebody can help me please let me to know.
Thank you
jca
---------- ADS -----------

northwings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: TC AME M Tests

Post by northwings »

http://www.pilotmall.com/product/ASA-20 ... prep-books

I know its an american A&P test guide, but most TC questions seem to be taken verbatim from the FAA question bank. Study hard while using the test guide as an aid to help you identify where your problems areas are, and you shouldn't have a problem. There's also an airframe and standard practices guide available as well. For the CAR's part I recommend CAR's for the AME by Bill Frasier, an extremely helpful book that helped me pass the CAR's test in 20 minutes with a 98% mark.

Nothin' beats the hobo life, stabbin' folks with my hobo knife
ME109
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ME109 »

Your previous post said you had failed this exam 4 times. Are you still trying? If you are, I don't know why TC is still letting you without showing them you have received additional training. If you haven't got a pass after 4 times there should be some question of your training.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=53505

log sheet
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Northwestern ON, but the Heart belongs to the Rock!lol

Post by log sheet »

Under the new Licencing system, he can keep writing until he passes it. All he has to renew is his application. Not like the old system where he would have to write all of them over again if not completed in a year.
Since he has to write the transport exams he has been out of college a while,because if he recently got out all he would have to write is CARS.
From personal experience, the new exams are based on what the college students are writing. There is a bank of many questions on a computer and it spits out 90 for you. A lot of these questions are on engines that one can only view in a Museum.These students write the powerplant exam right after they complete a semester of 24/7 powerplant. I would have to say the material is pretty well imbedded in their heads by the time they write. To be fair, it now covers Piston, Turbine, props and electrical.
The material used to be 4 exams and if you didn't have piston engins in you hanger, you didn't write an exam for pistons. If you have been around for a while there were copies of these four exams floating around in every hanger and most guys within the last 15 years memorized these exams and got their Licence.
Give the guy a break!
jca, you just have to treat it like you were back in school and re-learn the material. I tried the old exam thing, the online test questions thing, all that crap. In the end I just had to suck it up and re-learn the material.

Cheers!

GIT-R-DONE!
dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

First fail 30 day waiting period.
Second fail 6 month waiting period.

Correct?

Popol
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Popol »

after 4 fails you should have a pretty good idea about the type of question they are asking IMO

Wonderdog
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Wonderdog »

If you just read the power plant book suppies by A + P to any apprentice, 3 times, you will understand what you have been doing for money. Worked well for me under pressure. If you fail, do it again.
SMcL.
M315881

bombardierfixer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bombardierfixer »

Wonderdog thats not your license number is it? I don't think its such a good idea to put it on here if it is. Identity theft and all.

Ballsssssss
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Ballsssssss »

Wonderdog wrote:If you just read the power plant book suppies by A + P to any apprentice, 3 times, you will understand what you have been doing for money. Worked well for me under pressure. If you fail, do it again.
SMcL.
M315881
Dude, you only put your AME license in that post. In the future please be more considerate and provide your home address and at least one credit card number with expiry date and verification code.

Thanks

B. ALL ssssssss
MABC123

TT: don't care PIC: still don't care MPIC: really really don't care TURBINE: get a life.

Life's never fair, get a helmet.
JamesNWA
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JamesNWA »

anyone have any study material other than what's available on the tc website with the usual jeppesen books? i'm currently waiting for RRC to host another course

Return to “Maintenance”