Aeroweather app for iPhone / Touch

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
Pro
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Aeroweather app for iPhone / Touch

Post by Pro »

This app is fantastic. It gives the weather for airports with tafs metars etc., refreshes in a few seconds in a wifi with the Touch and obviously whenever the Phone is in tower range.
It's a great way to get a wx brief. You can add whatever airport(s) you want in a group etc.
Pax on the way? just hit refresh.
Its free for the lite version and I suggested some improvements which he incorporated and so the pro version has them. At 2.99 I bought it just to encourage him with the pro version.
Every pilot I show it to loves it. You can backup your airport list via email (pro version).
---------- ADS -----------
 
V1CUT
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:24 pm
Location: CY??

Re: Aeroweather app for iPhone / Touch

Post by V1CUT »

is there aeroweather for blackberry? the I phone isn't supported where i live/fly

V
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
jpilot77
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 772
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:11 pm
Location: North of YMX

Re: Aeroweather app for iPhone / Touch

Post by jpilot77 »

It's a pretty good app. So is the free version of Accuweather, it has a radar function(it uses Canadian weather radar sites) that is pretty good.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:57 am

Re: Aeroweather app for iPhone / Touch

Post by loopa »

Pro wrote:This app is fantastic. It gives the weather for airports with tafs metars etc., refreshes in a few seconds in a wifi with the Touch and obviously whenever the Phone is in tower range.
It's a great way to get a wx brief. You can add whatever airport(s) you want in a group etc.
Pax on the way? just hit refresh.
Its free for the lite version and I suggested some improvements which he incorporated and so the pro version has them. At 2.99 I bought it just to encourage him with the pro version.
Every pilot I show it to loves it. You can backup your airport list via email (pro version).
It truly is awesome :)

I use it a lot to confirm if my students have actually done a weather check or not. If you look up "FOREFLIGHT" you can get prog/high/low/gfa/etc charts as well. Really handy!

My CFI digs it too lol; he's kind of old schooled but is looking to buy an iphone too cause of the E6B emulator and the weather apps haha! I think I have done my part for apple :P

Out of curiosity, are there any CX-5/2 emulators?
---------- ADS -----------
 
mattas350
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:38 am

Re: Aeroweather app for iPhone / Touch

Post by mattas350 »

Check out the Sportys E6B, preety close to the CX interface. Copilot and Flightplan both do e6b calcs, in addition to flight plannning and w&b functions. For BB Users their is WXSYS E6B which is a e6b for bb.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
jpilot77
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 772
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:11 pm
Location: North of YMX

Re: Aeroweather app for iPhone / Touch

Post by jpilot77 »

My Radar is also a pretty good app.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”