Page 1 of 1

Northern Alberta

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:31 am
by canadadry
Hi,

I'd just like to know if there are companies operating SEVFR flights in northern Alberta ( north of GP ) ?

Thanks.

Re: Northern Alberta

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:49 am
by ScudRunner
Up in High Level I think Airborne has a bunch of 206's they use for pipeline patrol and hot shots. Are you looking for work or just saw something that made you curious?

Re: Northern Alberta

Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 pm
by canadadry
I was just curious to see if there were commercial VFR flights in this area, not really looking for full time job, mostly opportunities to get 1 or 2 months contract, something like that ...

Thanks for the reply !

Re: Northern Alberta

Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:51 pm
by alti2d
I haven't heard of anyone doing one or two month contracts with Airborne or Nor-Alta.

Re: Northern Alberta

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:53 pm
by Rudder Bug
McMurray Aviation in Fort Mac.

Good ambiance, solid organization, nice people. The only drawback is where they are located.

RB

Re: Northern Alberta

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:11 pm
by Big Pistons Forever
I am still trying to reach the point in my career where I no longer have to work out of any town that has Fort, Port or Saint in front of its name :wink:

Re: Northern Alberta

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:20 pm
by Rudder Bug
Big Pistons Forever wrote:I am still trying to reach the point in my career where I no longer have to work out of any town that has Fort, Port or Saint in front of its name :wink:
Same here,

I'd rather go where they say San or Santa instead of Saint. Starting with El instead of Fort should also be better. If it has Lake or River in the name, I'm out!

RB

Re: Northern Alberta

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:46 pm
by magic wand
Big Pistons Forever wrote:I am still trying to reach the point in my career where I no longer have to work out of any town that has Fort, Port or Saint in front of its name :wink:
I think I know you..from the other side of the field. Somehow you don't strike me as the type that has ever flown out of anywhere starting with the above names.
Don't you have something to do with our pretend Navy? Maybe that is where you think you have "worked" out of port !!

Re: Northern Alberta

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:01 am
by Heliian
Ah, good ole northern Alberta, the land of steers and ............. And I don't see any horns on your head.

:)