Converting old French PPL to Canadian PPL
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:24 pm
Hello all,
I've just moved to Montreal from France and would like to know how to convert my French PPL to a Canadian PPL.
One important thing to know is that I haven't flown for 20 years so my PPL isn't up to date and neither is my flying.
So I've started all over again at a Flight School here attending ground school and flying the ole 152. I'm aware of the fact that I have to get a lot of instructor time to get back to level and I'm actually asking for it. I will not go flying solo until my instructor and I are fully confident I'm up to date and safe.
But if I can save a few hours by getting credit of the 75 hours flown in France 20 years ago, that would be great.
I just finished the 40 hours of ground school, passed my Cat 1 Medical and dug up my old (signed off) logbook.
So what's the first step?
I've been browsing through TC and have found information on this page but I find unclear what I spefically have to do:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/r ... m#421_26_8
I also found the following form, do you think this is my first step in contacting TC?
http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/ca- ... -02_bo.pdf
Thank you very much for any help.
Fly safe!
Ferris
I've just moved to Montreal from France and would like to know how to convert my French PPL to a Canadian PPL.
One important thing to know is that I haven't flown for 20 years so my PPL isn't up to date and neither is my flying.
So I've started all over again at a Flight School here attending ground school and flying the ole 152. I'm aware of the fact that I have to get a lot of instructor time to get back to level and I'm actually asking for it. I will not go flying solo until my instructor and I are fully confident I'm up to date and safe.
But if I can save a few hours by getting credit of the 75 hours flown in France 20 years ago, that would be great.
I just finished the 40 hours of ground school, passed my Cat 1 Medical and dug up my old (signed off) logbook.
So what's the first step?
I've been browsing through TC and have found information on this page but I find unclear what I spefically have to do:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/r ... m#421_26_8
I also found the following form, do you think this is my first step in contacting TC?
http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/ca- ... -02_bo.pdf
Thank you very much for any help.
Fly safe!
Ferris