Bush/Float Flying Hours

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
andyandreas
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 pm

Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by andyandreas »

How many hours can someone make flying for a fairly busy company in one season?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Extremely variable....My personal experience, I did 320hrs in just over 3 months last season
---------- ADS -----------
 
bush pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Boringtown

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by bush pilot »

My best was 670 from May to Mid Oct. but that was a service not a lodge. I would say anything over 350 would be good.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Did It do that Yesterday?
User avatar
Sky Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by Sky Pilot »

I did 900+ my first year, 600 on floats, and 300 on skis. That was over a 12 month period, 20 years ago. Trappers still trapped and used ski-planes. And tourism was crazy busy. In 2008 and 2009, I averaged about 400 hours. Last year, I quit flying and still racked up about 80 hours. Like the previous pilot said, extremely variable.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
kevinsky18
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:01 am

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by kevinsky18 »

50hrs to 350hrs all at the same company, same season but different pilots with different assignments.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Bushav8er
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 936
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Northern Can

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by Bushav8er »

I've been doing floats for 20 yrs and unless you're at a place that operates year round and isn't dedicated 'tourism', than 350, give or take, seems to be a fair average.
---------- ADS -----------
 
North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 5627
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Straight outta Dundarave...

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by North Shore »

The last summer that I was in the bush, I flew 350 from MAy 1 to Nov 1.. including a week off because i was at my 90 day max..
---------- ADS -----------
 
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5166
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: On Borrowed Wings

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by Rowdy »

A busy air service will do just around 90-100hrs a month in the summer... from my experience.
---------- ADS -----------
 
bush pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Boringtown

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by bush pilot »

I was at 149.0 for about a week strait. What ever came off 30 days ago went back on that day. I was beside myself at the end of that month.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Did It do that Yesterday?
180
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:10 pm

Re: Bush/Float Flying Hours

Post by 180 »

As a seasonal float driver, the most I ever did in a season (May-Oct) was 500 hours, the least, 200 hours.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”