AVCANADA

It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:40 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:56 pm 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Anybody knows what is going on at Guelph, when drive by i will not see school planes in the air. Are they flying or not. What happend with that yellow Navajo and C337 that had no power on rear engine.....
Who is teaching there, Brasher or he is gone as many others...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:04 pm 
Rank 10
Rank 10

They're still around. I think C-GAWS may even still be around...how or why I do not know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:20 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

I just saw an auction on ebay - winner gets 10 000 towards PPL flight training there. It has ended - the winning bid is 6100.
It is a "Mount Sinai Hospital Dream Auction" so I don't know who gets the profits, but I'd assume that the school is ok :)

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %3AIT&rd=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:30 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

I heard LJW on the Unicom frequency the other day, so someone is still flying out of there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:49 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

That was very busy place some 10 years ago, hard to find plane on the ground. I beleive that at one time there was 6 C150, 4 C172, 1 PA28-140, 1 PA 28-160 or 161, Turbo Arrow, Seminole, Navajo.....
There was Seneca in maintenance hanger , brown colour.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:21 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

It used to be a great place. I remember hanging around on weekends, talking with the old guys, and getting some nice rides in some fun old planes. Really friendly people and good instructors. It was a wonderful place to learn and to be social. Haven't been in for a few years, though. Maybe someone who has can give an update.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:39 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

isnt that the place where the asst. cfi wears a flight suit and 4 gold bars in the pa28?

(check copa magazine summer '04)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:38 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

GAWS and PZL are doing survey work for Optech now...I don't know if they still have anything to do with Aviation International though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:43 am 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Does anyone know if SP, RL or PB still work there? It used to be a busy school in the 90's. I think Proffit took all the business with him. To bad really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:59 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

SP and RL are still there PB left years ago. The 337 and PA-31 still belong to the school and the senior instructors fly them on contract work for Optech. The school is still really busy. Booking an A/C there is getting alot harder now that the better weather has arrived.

...and Flap, the place hasn't changed much at all....still a great place to hear some good aviation stories and hitch a ride in one of the old birds around the place.

-=0=LIR=0=-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:35 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Scott is very nice guy, hope he goes somewhere where he will be happy teaching, i remember him as very nice man, dedicated to his work.