Page 1 of 1
wildblue
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:20 am
by ywg9
hmmm whats with this ad someone starting up a new airline or is someone getting new equipment. just a gmail add sounds secretive
ywg
Re: wildblue
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:26 am
by Changes in Latitudes
I wouldn't throw out resumes unless they provide a little more information. I completely understand the importance of confidentiality, but at least give me a location or some sort of general background so we don't waste each other's time.
Re: wildblue
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:07 pm
by Doc
Changes in Latitudes wrote:I wouldn't throw out resumes unless they provide a little more information. I completely understand the importance of confidentiality, but at least give me a location or some sort of general background so we don't waste each other's time.
Come on Changes, toss out a resume. Then report back to us.
Re: wildblue
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:31 pm
by 5400AirportRdSouth
I applied.
Got the Job too, thanks to all you chickens who didn't send in a resume.
Turns out it's this kid with flight sim, but he needs a co-Joe to sit in on his ride.
Pays not that great, but he promised me good per diems in the form of whatever he doesn't eat out of his school lunch.
I'll admit I had the inside track as his mom has been letting me sleep in my car in the garage. I had to sign a bond(I can't leave before bedtime on school nights ), but I'm going to log it all as PIC, to he'll with it. Next stop Air Canada!
Yeah, I thought the ad was more than a little sketchy as well.
Re: wildblue
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:22 pm
by Doc
5400AirportRdSouth wrote:I applied.
Got the Job too, thanks to all you chickens who didn't send in a resume.
Turns out it's this kid with flight sim, but he needs a co-Joe to sit in on his ride.
Pays not that great, but he promised me good per diems in the form of whatever he doesn't eat out of his school lunch.
I'll admit I had the inside track as his mom has been letting me sleep in my car in the garage. I had to sign a bond(I can't leave before bedtime on school nights ), but I'm going to log it all as PIC, to he'll with it. Next stop Air Canada!
Yeah, I thought the ad was more than a little sketchy as well.
Post a photo of his Mom.
Re: wildblue
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:01 pm
by Double Wasp
I thought you just did Doc.
Re: wildblue
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 pm
by Panama Jack
But guys . . . it's a job flying a Boeing 737!!! Isn't that good enough?

Re: wildblue
Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:52 pm
by ywg9
ads gone now seems to confirm it was a scam but who knows maybe someone will get lucky
Re: wildblue
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:17 am
by borisyeltsin
If you recall that last week Flair had an ad for 737 pilots that was posted by Wildblue so it is fairly safe to say that it is Flair. You will also find that Wildblue is more than likely the CP as his email address has wildblue in it. If it is Flair, you should ask yourself if you really want to work for this company as they recently dismissed 3 very experienced pilots due to "lack of work" and now they are hiring again? Ya sure.
Re: wildblue
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:34 am
by slowstream
borisyeltsin wrote:If you recall that last week Flair had an ad for 737 pilots that was posted by Wildblue so it is fairly safe to say that it is Flair. You will also find that Wildblue is more than likely the CP as his email address has wildblue in it. If it is Flair, you should ask yourself if you really want to work for this company as they recently dismissed 3 very experienced pilots due to "lack of work" and now they are hiring again? Ya sure.
Excellant point! Why are there so many A**holes in this industry and in Canada? I know there are many good ones too and I've been fortunate to have worked for a few of them but it sure seems like there are more A**holes than good ones.
I know its rhetorical
Re: wildblue
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:19 am
by ywg9
the way I see it if it is a sart up by the time they post jobs on here they should have more info on the company to offer not just some gmail account. if it is Flair than why would they hide behind a front email add. either way makes you wonder.
Re: wildblue
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:29 am
by iflyforpie
Flair Air is Kelowna Flightcraft in sheep's clothing. They will toss you on your ass as soon as a contract disappears or the economy hiccups. Maybe that's why they've been so successful over the years...

Re: wildblue
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 pm
by altiplano
I don't know... I know a couple guys at Flair who seem to like it... not getting "tossed on their ass" as you say...