Vancouver Schools?????

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

DS719
Rank 1
Rank 1

Vancouver Schools?????

Post by DS719 » Tue May 10, 2005 5:40 pm

I am thinking about doing my multi-IFR and instructor ratings in Vancouver (Pro IFR). I have heard mixed things about Pro IFR? Has any body gone there? Are they as bad or as good as people make them out to be? Is there any better schools in the vancouver area?

I am really only looking for fact, not romours or stories if everyone doesnt mind. Thanks for the help.
---------- ADS -----------

Blue Side Down
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Blue Side Down » Tue May 10, 2005 8:53 pm

I did my multi-IFR there a year ago. They run an excellent operation in the IFR department. They'll get you through it as fast and as thoroughly as you are prepared to work- as the case is with any school. One of the plus sides with them is that all flights are filed practice IFR- and thus handled by controllers as IFR. Therefore, all the radio work is IFR standard. If you're in the area to begin with, go to Pro- meet John and Todd (president and IFR CFI respectively) and see if you like the operation. Their IFR 'three day seminars' are also very, very effective learning experiences. These guys know what they are doing. Don't forget to fly FSPH at least once.

Youngback
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Youngback » Wed May 11, 2005 5:42 am

As far as I know, Bitmonx is the only one who doesn't like their operation.

Return to “Flight Training”