Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
-
tractor driver
- Rank 3

- Posts: 166
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am
Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats
Howdy All,
question for you,
We're planning a trip early Sept. I've got a couple possible routes worked out, just wondering if there's any input on what's better / worse, or good accommodation / food / fuel / yadda yadda stops.
I'll need jet.
Cheers!
g
question for you,
We're planning a trip early Sept. I've got a couple possible routes worked out, just wondering if there's any input on what's better / worse, or good accommodation / food / fuel / yadda yadda stops.
I'll need jet.
Cheers!
g
Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats
I've used Chesterman Lake just outside of Calgary. The boys from Kenn Borek were very helpfull in bringing me out a couple of barrels of jet.
-
tractor driver
- Rank 3

- Posts: 166
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am
Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats
Thanks! I was there once a number of years ago but there wasn't a dock I was aware of then to go to. Ended up on a beach @ a friend's friend's place. I'm getting a good route figured out from all the help I've been getting PM'ed to me. Greatly appreciate it all!
-
Blue Side Down
- Rank 7

- Posts: 581
- Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 11:27 am
Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats
The single malt is ready and waiting-
-
tractor driver
- Rank 3

- Posts: 166
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am
Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats
Excellent! Might have to overnight @ your place too. This could take a while!
-
tractor driver
- Rank 3

- Posts: 166
- Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:33 am
Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats
Hey!
Had some uncontrollable delays in getting going, but got the trip accomplished this week. Some definate challenges on straight floats through Sask. / Alberta,, but got to meet some fantastic aviators and just wonderful all around souls.
Special thanks to kevinsky from this forum, without your help, Kelowna / Vernon would have been a considerable challenge instead of such a pleasure. Anyone considering this trip, particularly this time of year, should definitely give him a call.
Great to see that grass routes - fun - aviating is alive and well for those with enthusiasm.
Cheers!
g
Had some uncontrollable delays in getting going, but got the trip accomplished this week. Some definate challenges on straight floats through Sask. / Alberta,, but got to meet some fantastic aviators and just wonderful all around souls.
Special thanks to kevinsky from this forum, without your help, Kelowna / Vernon would have been a considerable challenge instead of such a pleasure. Anyone considering this trip, particularly this time of year, should definitely give him a call.
Great to see that grass routes - fun - aviating is alive and well for those with enthusiasm.
Cheers!
g
Re: Thunder Bay - Vancouver Island on floats
Nice pun!tractor driver wrote:routes

