FAA-certificated instructor in/ near Calgary
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore
FAA-certificated instructor in/ near Calgary
As the subject suggests, I'm looking for an FAA-certificated instructor in or near Calgary who can conduct a Bi-annual Flight Review. Thanks!
- Beefitarian
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6618
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am
- Location: A couple of meters away from others.
Culver might have you there. My wife makes me drive her Avalanche/trailer to Kalispell for the weekend sometimes. It's actually not a bad trip. In a 172 it would be faster and more fun, though money might be an object I suppose. In that case you could take the greyhound or hitchhike maybe.
If the mountains are scary great falls is nearly the same distance with less good restaurants. Golden Corral is pretty tasty though. And a bit of a spectacle since there will pretty much be at least one person there that makes you wonder how they got there from where ever a person that size lives? Usually a few.
Cut Bank is even closer but unfortunately they don't have a FTU anymore.
If the mountains are scary great falls is nearly the same distance with less good restaurants. Golden Corral is pretty tasty though. And a bit of a spectacle since there will pretty much be at least one person there that makes you wonder how they got there from where ever a person that size lives? Usually a few.
Cut Bank is even closer but unfortunately they don't have a FTU anymore.
- Colonel Sanders
- Top Poster

- Posts: 7512
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:17 pm
- Location: Over Macho Grande
Re: FAA-certificated instructor in/ near Calgary
I thought Calgary was only about 100 miles
from the US border ... not exactly a long haul.
For over a decade, TC made me travel 1800
miles to Key West every year to renew my
ICAS SAC card. On my dime. Remember,
no Double Jeopardy.
That 100 miles to the US border sure looks
like a tough drive, given that all the roads in
Alberta are rough with slow speed limits
Too bad pilots can't fly airplanes, either - what
would it be, an hour to the US border from
Calgary in a lightning-fast 172?
from the US border ... not exactly a long haul.
For over a decade, TC made me travel 1800
miles to Key West every year to renew my
ICAS SAC card. On my dime. Remember,
no Double Jeopardy.
That 100 miles to the US border sure looks
like a tough drive, given that all the roads in
Alberta are rough with slow speed limits
Too bad pilots can't fly airplanes, either - what
would it be, an hour to the US border from
Calgary in a lightning-fast 172?
- Beefitarian
- Top Poster

- Posts: 6618
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 am
- Location: A couple of meters away from others.
I'm feeling remorse. Sorry I don't know of anyone closer. I will try to go for lunch Tuesday with the RAA guys. They might know someone.
If you stay at the http://www.aeroinn.com/ at Kalispell you can walk to a flying school and they are inexpensive/pet friendly. There is a guy with a smoker on a trailer who parks near K-mart. Excellent BBQ!
If you stay at the http://www.aeroinn.com/ at Kalispell you can walk to a flying school and they are inexpensive/pet friendly. There is a guy with a smoker on a trailer who parks near K-mart. Excellent BBQ!
Re: FAA-certificated instructor in/ near Calgary
Thanks for the pointers guys...... reason I'm trying to do it in the Calgary area is I have free access to an aircraft there so that would make it much cheaper, quicker & easier than hiring a 172 & flogging down to the US. Haven't ruled that option out though....
I thought I may have struck gold when I heard that CFC at CYBW had a US certified instructor (L**a S*****n) but she left earlier this year & seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.... if anyone knows her & if she's still around, could they please PM me?
Thanks again, SP.
I thought I may have struck gold when I heard that CFC at CYBW had a US certified instructor (L**a S*****n) but she left earlier this year & seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.... if anyone knows her & if she's still around, could they please PM me?
Thanks again, SP.

