When do you find out your stream?
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore
-
rspencer38
- Rank 3

- Posts: 191
- Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm
When do you find out your stream?
At want point in the hiring process do you find out what stream they are placing you in? Is it prior to the training or after the generic portion?
Re: When do you find out your stream?
For me it was posted online after I got the green light from the in person interview.
-
rspencer38
- Rank 3

- Posts: 191
- Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm
Re: When do you find out your stream?
Did you find out where you were being stationed at the same time?
Re: When do you find out your stream?
probably depends on your stream, for our course (FSS) we didnt find out postings until a few weeks before grad. That being said there were some circumstances working against us at the time.
Thats what she said...
Re: When do you find out your stream?
You find out your stream IFR / VFR /FSS on your online profile after the green light from your in person interview.
You find out if you are on a VFR or IFR course when they call you for the course.
You typically find out you specialty and where you will be posted after the 4 months of generic training. Although sometimes they might spill the specialty/posting at the beginning of generic but not until you have shown up for training.
Hope this helps.
You find out if you are on a VFR or IFR course when they call you for the course.
You typically find out you specialty and where you will be posted after the 4 months of generic training. Although sometimes they might spill the specialty/posting at the beginning of generic but not until you have shown up for training.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by TA/RA on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
rspencer38
- Rank 3

- Posts: 191
- Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm
Re: When do you find out your stream?
Thanks for information, it was what I expected. Trying not to get ahead of my self as I have a long road before getting a training offer (hopefully not too long!), but being in Newfoundland I realize there are only a couple of options on placement.
Re: When do you find out your stream?
I'm sure it goes without saying though, those selected for IFR stream can probably guess with a high degree of accuracy where they'll be posted... 
In all seriousness though, when I did my in person interview, they said where they predicted people chosen for the VFR stream would likely be sent, but I'm sure it's not set in stone and operational requirements will dictate any changes as required.
In all seriousness though, when I did my in person interview, they said where they predicted people chosen for the VFR stream would likely be sent, but I'm sure it's not set in stone and operational requirements will dictate any changes as required.
-
rspencer38
- Rank 3

- Posts: 191
- Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm
Re: When do you find out your stream?
Haha! While i'm hoping for VFR at YYT, I would certainly welcome a position in Gander either stream.
Re: When do you find out your stream?
rspencer38, what day is your assessment scheduled?
-
rspencer38
- Rank 3

- Posts: 191
- Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:36 pm


