Operational Flight Plan Software for 703/702

Discuss aviation related software and devices here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

JustAnotherC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Operational Flight Plan Software for 703/702

Post by JustAnotherC »

Hello,

I was just wondering what kind of system other operators were using to create and submit Operational Flight Plans?

At my current company (a 702 operation), we fill out a spreadsheet that performs some route and W&B computations which we then email to our dispatchers. I'm a software developer as well as pilot and am working on creating an online web app to do this and simplify the process from 10 to 15 minutes down to about 1 or 2 minute.

I was wondering if there are other operators out there already doing this in some form or another, or if there would be interest in this software?

What are your methods?
---------- ADS -----------

x-wind
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Operational Flight Plan Software for 703/702

Post by x-wind »

Hello,
For the Operational Flight Data Sheet, as it's termed in the new proposed 604 regulations, I've decided to use the existing ICAO flight plan format (by using Navcanada's online flight planning site CFPS) with additional information which is required (ie FOB, Manifest, W&B) inputted into the remarks section of the flight plan.

What this does is streamline doing an OFPDS & a flight plan into one task. Then I forward my OFPDS to the flight follower. I've used the old trick of predetermined weight & balance senarios.

I plan to file all my flight plans using the Collabrative Flight Planning System when domestic - I have a template which I titled OFPDS that has all the particulars identified for input. When the flight plan is filed I can save a copy of it & store it in Foreflight documents (storage & controll features is provided through dropbox). Foreflight documents lets you annotate the pdf so I can go in after the flight & plug in the required actual departure & arrivalled times.

So, for me, Foreflight and Navcanada's website(s) are my referances. Again, I take care of my "operational flight plan" in the time it take me to file my flight plan.

https://plan.navcanada.ca/account/login/?next=/
https://www.foreflight.com/documents/

Cheers,
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Aviation Software & Devices”