AVCANADA

It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:19 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

I'm almost done with my PPL and I'm looking for a change of scenery. Currently I'm residing in Manitoba, Canada and wish to continue my CPL with Multi/IFR elsewhere in Canada. I'm thinking of Moncton flight college, Juan air in Victoria, Calgary flying club, and ProIFR in Vancouver. What I'm looking for in a flight school is that I would like to complete my training as soon as possible and reasonably cost and of course ideal weather for flight training. I really dont mind whats near the flight school as long as there is enough necessity to survive would be enough. I dont need a whole lot of fun but I would hate to be push around by the school since I'm an internation student out here in Canada. If you guys could share some of your experience with the above mentioned flight schools or a great experience of your own with other flight schools would be greatly appreciated. thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:04 am 
Rank 5
Rank 5

If u got Bucks and would like a Full time program i would recommend Moncton flight college..
I have heared all good about it ...
If you search this forum you will find many posts regarding flight schools...

Good Luck

Cheers
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:15 am 
Rank 11
Rank 11

MFC, you can now do their diploma course in 1.5 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:26 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Fly in vancouver!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:51 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Are you looking to fly for a living? If so, choose a school where you have the opportunity to actually gain employment when finished. The west coast may be a tough sell due to wx at this time of year. The samller schools, besides giving you a shot at a job, can push you through in a shorter amount of time. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:32 pm 
Rank 7
Rank 7

The winter wx in vancouver would be great IFR experience..however not so good for VFR..if you are looking to train at Boundary Bay go to PRO VFR/IFR..they are the best..

http://www.proifr.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:50 pm 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Why wouldn't you just stay put. A CPL is a CPL. Besides, I bet YWG has more VFR days/year than either coast. I would think that the money saved by not moving would automatically make it the most cost effective option.