AVCANADA

It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:30 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Hey all,

It's time to renew the old MIFR. I'm looking for advice about the best place to do my re-ride in Calgary. I need a bit of refreshing in both the IFR and multi areas (Seminole preferred), but don't need to rewrite the INRAT. I'd like to do it in a short period of time, as I will have to come in from out of town. Any advice, experience, suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers...

Vegas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:50 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Calgary Flight Training Centre has an aztec. They're based out of the international, so this might be helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:12 pm 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks AP,

I'll check them out. Just after posting this question, I noticed the topic before pertains to the same subject area. Here's another question, though. Know of any flight schools who have an in-house DFTE with whom I could train prior to the ride? Always helps to get to know the DFTE's style beforehand if possible.

-V

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:47 am 
Rank 3
Rank 3

I'll put in a plug for my own school, Springbank Air Training College.

One of the best prices for twins in the YYC area

For the most part we use Doug Gillanders, one of the friendliest DFTE's and a very experienced pilot. A flight test with him is a relaxed learning experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:01 am 
Rank 2
Rank 2

There is already a similar post to answer this question. Look at the "calgary Schools?" post. There is alot of information in it and a bit of debate already to give you an understanding of what many people are saying about the schools that offer Multi training in the calgary area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:25 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm heading to Springbank Air Training College next week. Will let you know how it went. After a first visit, everything there is what I'm looking for. Happy landings!