MFC

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

185_guy
Rank 6
Rank 6

MFC

#1 Post by 185_guy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:54 pm

Hello.
I am planning on doing my IFR rating this winter. I have never heard anything bad about the program in Moncton, but am wondering if anyone knows of anyone having bad experiences? Also, how much real experience do thier instructors have? They seem to have a nice looking school and nice looking equipment.
Thanks for any info!
---------- ADS -----------

jimdandy
Rank 4
Rank 4

#2 Post by jimdandy » Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:42 am

Find an A/C certified to fly in known icing conditions. Or it could be a very long winter.

Catch & Release, Catch & Release
JD

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

#3 Post by N2 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:07 pm

For IFR in winter time head out to Perimeter their aircraft have boots and fly in actual including icing.

Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

#4 Post by KAG » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:28 am

I couldn't more. I did my IFR at MFC back winter in the late 90's, what a long 4 months!!!!!. Great instructors, nice equipment, but how much experience can an instructor bestow upon you if they cant fly into iceing, which is every day there is cloud and below 0 temperatures.
I taught at perimeter so im biased, but there equipment is superior to MFC (HSI,RMI, IFR GPS, full autopilot all slaved, KNOWN ICEING) as is Pro IFR in BC.

If you do go to MFC, youll have a blast!!!! if the weather is bad, and it will be, there will be lots of drinking nights, and the bars are alot of fun.

Cheers.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.

Return to “Flight Training”